COVID-19 Vaccination is safe and effective and strongly recommended by the physicians at Complete Children’s Health.
Vaccine Appointments at CCH:
- COVID-19 vaccines are available at all well visits.
- We have a limited number of nurse visit appointments for vaccines.
- We recommend you check with your insurance company regarding coverage.
- Families are encouraged to take advantage of community resources (see below) for COVID-19 vaccination for children 3 years and older.
What vaccines are recommended for children and adolescents?
- Vaccine recommendations are based on age, time since last dose, and in some cases, the first vaccine received. Your care team at CCH can help you determine what your child needs.
COVID Vaccines available at CCH:
Moderna COVID-19 Fall 2023-24 vaccine for 6 months-11 year and age 12 + for both VFC and commercially insured patients.
Spikevax FDA approved for patients 12 years and older.
- Read about this vaccine here: COVID-19 Vaccine Information Statement | CDC
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) in individuals 6 months through 11 years of age.
- Read about this vaccine here: download (fda.gov)
Community Resources for Vaccination:
Retail pharmacies are offering COVID vaccine for children 3 years and older. To find a location near you go to vaccines.gov
The Lincoln Lancaster County Health Department Vaccination information here.
General Information about COVID-19 Vaccination for Children and Adolescents:
COVID-19 Vaccination is safe and effective and strongly recommended by the physicians at Complete Children’s Health. Children and adolescents are at risk of severe COVID-19 and complications from infection. Those ages 6 months to 4 years of age are at higher risk of hospitalization for COVID-19 than other pediatric age groups. SARS-CoV-2 infection in children and adolescents may cause complications including MIS-C and Long COVID. In addition, COVID-19 infection leads to prolonged absences from school, work, and activities. Vaccination lessens the likelihood of infection and prevents severe illness and both acute and chronic complications.
For more information regarding who should get the vaccine and answers to common questions regarding the vaccine please go to…
Our telephone triage nurses can help you determine if your child should be tested for COVID-19.Call our office (402)465-5600 and choose option 6. You may also read recommendations here.
Tests to determine if your child has COVID 19 are available at Complete Children’s Health and other places in the community.
Other testing resources in our community are listed here.
CDC No Cost COVID-19 Testing locator here.